Breaking News

Ratna Pathak Shah advocates quality roles for Waheeda Rehman: 'Don't confine the legend to the corner' - Woman's Age

Actress Ratna Pathak Shah claims that she lacks role models who assure her that her career will be sustainable in the long run.

Ratna Pathak Shah often advocates on behalf of her fellow veteran female actresses when they are not given roles that challenge them. Now when Ratna had an interview with Film Companion, all eyes are on Waheeda Rehman. He said, the environment is happy to give an award to the 85-year-old artiste but is not giving him a role worthy of his talent.

ratna’s words

“If Meryl Streep (at 74) and Helen Mirren (at 78) can do it, I can do it too. I feel bad that Waheeda Rehman doesn’t get the roles she deserves.” Are. And what a wonderful actress she is! They just want to give her a badge of honor and put her in a ghetto. Really? For the love of God, put her in an important role. Keep the awards to yourself, Ratna replied during the interview.

In the past, Ratna had spoken up for actor Deepti Naval, who she believed was underappreciated. Earlier this year, Deepti was seen playing Kalki Koechlin’s mother in Pushan Kripalani’s Goldfish.

Waheeda Rehman’s most recent film was in this year’s The Song of the Scorpion, which was released in Indian theatres. Earlier this year he received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.

This is a restricted area for artists above 65 years of age

Ratna said that she never considered acting as her career due to the lack of established female artistes working in Indian cinema. “We all have to accept our physical form. Plus, your body is changing right now. Accepting my current situation is essential if I am to avoid excessive manipulation. Considering who my mother (Dina Pathak) was, I find it very inspiring that I once believed that a woman’s career in acting had a limited lifespan. I intend to act until I am considered attractive, then I will move on. It’s hard for me to believe that I actually felt that way, but I did,” Ratna said in the same interview.

She will next be seen in Dhak Dhak, which will release in theaters on October 13, and plays a Punjabi motorcyclist.

tag:
#bollywood #celebrity #trending, #celebritytalk, actor, actress, bollywood, celebrity gossip